My state return says that I am not eligible for electronic filing, how can I fix it?

How do I check if I have made an error that causes this to happen?
AprilLO

Please see this TurboTax FAQ about not being able to E-File: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302281

Fotbalmom47

Why would it say I am not eligible to file my state taxes

TiffanyL

@Fotbalmom47, may I ask which state is it? Here are a couple of possibilities for a state e-file roadblock:

• Did you already e-file the Federal return first separately? If so, what is it's e-file status? If e-filed separately, you cannot e-file the state return until the Federal return has been accepted.
  • Or perhaps one of your state forms is not yet available for e-filing. Open your return interview and go through the REVIEW tab. Do you get any messages about why you can't e-file it?

You can also check the FAQ link provided below to see if all your state forms are available:

State forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

Fotbalmom47

It is Missouri

SForrestLO

It is possible all of the forms required for your state are not yet available. Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ on State forms availability for personal.

State forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products.

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing