turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

weberkm

My return was rejected does the ACH for balance due still process?

I have to file by mail in order to correct the error.  When i e-filled i entered info for an ACH transfer to pay the balance.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

No, if your return was rejected, the ACH for your balance due will not be processed.

You will need to pay your balance due to the IRS with a check or money order or you can pay directly through the IRS Website here: https://www.irs.gov/payments.

ltg
Returning Member

I have a similar issue. I e-filed using Turbotax as usual with no apparent errors, and just got a letter in the mail this week that my e-file payment was rejected due to "no account/unable to locate account". How is this possible? There were no errors in Turbotax when going through the payment process. I have an ACH tracenumber but how do I find the details around this transaction?

Also, a separate but perhaps related issue: I filed on April 2nd and still haven't received my CA refund. Is that normal?

Both my tax return payment and the refund were tied to my Bank Of America account btw, if that's any help.

Please advise - thank you.
ltg
Returning Member

I found out what happened. I entered my bank account number incorrectly. The e-filing process from within Turbotax should have caught that error, but it didn't, letting the transaction go through.

Note to Turbotax: We're paying for the convenience of e-filing from within Turbotax, but it doesn't bother to check for correct information?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies