roldosa

My return was rejected, but I opted to pay my taxes with my AMEX and Turbotax took my money. So now, in the refile, it appears as if they want to charge me again?

DawnC

There is no charge for resubmitting a tax return after a rejection has occurred.   You may need to speak with someone in customer support to get this resolved if you have been charged already.  Unfortunately, no one in this forum has any access to billing information.  

roldosa

You misunderstood; I know there is no charge to refile. But I charged my card to pay my taxes the first time. The money is gone. It's been charged.  But the return has been rejected. So where is that money now?

How much?  The actual tax due was charged to your credit card?  Not just the Turbo Tax fees?  You are posting from the Self Employed version which is the highest version.  $120 + 50 for state.

roldosa

Yes, the actual taxes due, several thousand. I need to know where that money is now.

So it sounds like your original return went through and was Accepted?  Maybe just the State Rejected.  Double check your efile status here     

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/   

roldosa

Both were rejected. The federal was rejected because of a vague error code that mentioned something about "stimulus." I don't know, wasn't clear at all. The state rejected it because the federal was rejected. In the "fix" steps, nothing actually needed to be updated. Just refiled. I should note, I filed over a week ago and has been pending all this time.