handerton001

My return was rejected because of a dependent issue on another return. We have corrected that return and it was approved. Can I now fix and efile my return?

HelenC12

If the issue was that your dependent filed a tax return but didn't claim she was a dependent and e-filed their return, you won't be able to e-file your return even if your dependent filed an amended return.

You'll have to mail in your return. 

santax2008

Hello, IRS, rejected my return that I completed on last evening.

I had a difficult time signing on because some how my email account was changed to my log on information.

santax2008

No the issue is 0$ was placed for an answer for my 2019 taxes

santax2008

I would like to see my return

handerton001

Thank you for your reply. That is exactly what happened. I owe Federal tax and had that set for direct debit. Will that still be processed or do I need to send a check when I mail my return. Finally, my CA state return was rejected as well (because of the Federal being rejected). Do I mail that as well? I am receiving a refund from CA if that matters.

DawnC

Can you provide some more details regarding your issue if this link does not solve your issue?     What if I entered the correct AGI and I’m still getting an e-file reject?

@santax2008

DawnC

• Sign in to your TurboTax account 
  • Select Fix my return to see your reject code and explanation
  • Select Fix it now and follow the instructions to update the info causing the reject
  • Once you've fixed the error, select File in the left-hand menu and follow the instructions to either e-file or file by mail

How do I fix a rejected return?   More info.