Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My return was filed on 06/09/21

To this day (09/02/21) I still have not received my refund. 😢 Using the Where’s My Refund tracker on IRS.gov, the only response I receive is “We cannot provide any information about your refund.” It instructs me to: Verify my filing date, check w my tax preparer/provider, verify I received the e-filed acknowledgment email etc etc. Ive done all the above w no success in collecting any information about my refunds whereabouts. 😖

I’m also concerned about my Child Tax Credit payment. When I initially filed & after following directions inputting all my dependents information  etc (TurboTax & the IRS Child Tax Credit Eligibility calculator) All confirmed I qualify for the CTC payment. But when I logged into the CTC Portal & went to manage my payments it tells me on my profile that I am “INELIGIBLE” for the advance payments…?! I am so confused.

😭😖😡 

What is going on?! Where can I go to maybe talk to someone that can help me resolve these issues & answer my questions?

Pls Help! Anyone!

🙏🏽 Thanks in advance xoxo 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Are you still waiting for your refund?  You are not alone. Millions are still waiting. Turbo Tax only gives you an estimated date. The IRS usually pays most refunds within 21 days. But these are not normal times. This year is taking the IRS longer to send the refunds. There are millions more people filing returns to get the Stimulus payment.

See this news article on Refunds being delayed
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/where-is-my-damn-irs-tax-refund-new-answers-emerge-a...

Only the IRS can tell you. If your return was Accepted then check IRS Where's my refund
https://www.irs.gov/refunds/

When will you get your refund?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/when-will-i-get-my-irs-tax-refund/01/25589

IRS - Questions about Refunds
https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

View solution in original post

Ok ... the return was successfully efiled ... good.  Now the advance payments will not start until the return has been fully processed and the refund is issued so you will have to wait for that. 

Next... for the very  unreliable Where's My Refund ?  tool ... if you are entering the correct information and there is nothing on the system then all you can do is try again later ... as your return moves thru the processing pipeline that no news message will be presented and it is normal.  Try once every few days ... trying too often will get you locked out and/or get you that no news message.  

You can try calling the IRS however they are only answering 10% of the calls coming in ...

Here is the normal method to reach a live IRS agent when they are operating smoothly, and I'll also tell you below how to reach the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service, if needed.

IRS:  800-829-1040 (7AM-7 PM local time) Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do not choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

• First choose your language.  Then listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • Then press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions." 
  • It may then ask for your SSN, but do not enter it.  Just wait.    If it asks for SSN a second time, still do not enter it.
  • Then it will get "tired", and you'll get another menu.  Choose 2 for "personal".
  • Then in the next menu choose 4 for "all other inquiries", and it should transfer you to an agent but expect a long wait.
  • I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.

If you continue to have no luck reaching the IRS, you can try contacting the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service for your area.    They are especially prone to help if you have an economic hardship, or if there have been continued delays with lack of info from the IRS.    At the following IRS website, find the USA map and click on your state, and it will give you the number of your IRS Taxpayer Advocate.    If the Taxpayer Advocate can't/won't help you, ask them to transfer you to an an IRS agent.  A couple of users reported that at least for them, that was a backdoor route to the IRS.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-a-Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Also see this article for more info on how the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service works::
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc104.html

View solution in original post

9 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

The OP changed the question after replies were posted.

Are you still waiting for your refund?  You are not alone. Millions are still waiting. Turbo Tax only gives you an estimated date. The IRS usually pays most refunds within 21 days. But these are not normal times. This year is taking the IRS longer to send the refunds. There are millions more people filing returns to get the Stimulus payment.

See this news article on Refunds being delayed
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/where-is-my-damn-irs-tax-refund-new-answers-emerge-a...

Only the IRS can tell you. If your return was Accepted then check IRS Where's my refund
https://www.irs.gov/refunds/

When will you get your refund?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/when-will-i-get-my-irs-tax-refund/01/25589

IRS - Questions about Refunds
https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

@VolvoGirl 

Hello There, Thank you for your response! ☺️ I’m still waiting on my refund, but from your answers I can kinda understand why it’s taking a little bit longer for payments to roll out. Also, I tried to use the Where’s My Refund tracker on IRS.gov with the end result always the same page stating “We cannot provide any information about your refund.” Then instructing me to: Verify my filing date, check w my tax preparer/provider, verify I received the e-filed acknowledgment email etc etc. Ive done all the above w no success in collecting any information about my refunds whereabouts. 😔

I’m also concerned about my Child Tax Credit payment. When I initially filed & after inputting all my dependents information (TurboTax & the IRS Child Tax Credit Eligibility calculator) All had confirmed I qualify for the CTC payment. But when I logged into the CTC Portal & went to manage my payments it tells me on my profile that I am “INELIGIBLE” for the advance payments…?! I am so confused.
😭😖😡 

What is going on?! Where can I go to maybe talk to someone that can help me resolve all these issues & answer my questions?

Pls Help! Anyone! 😔😖😢

@rjs 

Hello There, Thank you for your response! ☺️ I’m still waiting on my refund, but from your answers I can kinda understand why it’s taking a little bit longer for payments to roll out. Also, I tried to use the Where’s My Refund tracker on IRS.gov with the end result always the same page stating “We cannot provide any information about your refund.” Then instructing me to: Verify my filing date, check w my tax preparer/provider, verify I received the e-filed acknowledgment email etc etc. Ive done all the above w no success in collecting any information about my refunds whereabouts. 😔

I’m also concerned about my Child Tax Credit payment. When I initially filed & after inputting all my dependents information (TurboTax & the IRS Child Tax Credit Eligibility calculator) All had confirmed I qualify for the CTC payment. But when I logged into the CTC Portal & went to manage my payments it tells me on my profile that I am “INELIGIBLE” for the advance payments…?! I am so confused.
😭😖😡 

What is going on?! Where can I go to maybe talk to someone that can help me resolve all these issues & answer my questions?

Pls Help! Anyone!

First until the return is processed the ADVANCE CTC will not be issued so did you successfully efile ?

How did you file--did you efile, or did you choose to print and mail the return?    If you filed by mail, then hopefully you physically printed and mailed it to the IRS; TurboTax does not mail it for you.

If you efiled, you should double-check to be sure the return was efiled successfully and accepted.  If you used Online TurboTax, you can sign into your Online Account and check the efile status at the Tax Home.

If the info at the Tax Home confirms it was accepted (or if you mailed the return), you can use the "Where's My Refund" tool at the IRS website below to check on the status of your Federal refund.  
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

NOTE: When using that tool, be sure to enter the correct SSN and filing status.  Use only the Federal refund amount, and not any total refund amount that includes a state refund.  The amount to use is on your Federal Form 1040, Line 35a.

@Critter-3 

FIRST, YES. I successfully efiled & yes im aware the CTC will not be issued until a successful return is filed, so….

Since my online account status reads that my return has successfully been efiled AND accepted. SUCCESSFULLY EFILED AND ACCEPTED BY THE IRS. I welcome The issuing of my CTC payments & it may begin at any time, I am waiting ☺️

ONCE AGAIN…the “Where’s My Refund” tool (After correctly entering all the correct information: social security number, date filed & amount on line 35a). I hit submit & it redirects me to a page that tells me it cannot give me any updates and to double check all the items entered or talk to my tax preparer but I used turbo tax etc etc 

“Where’s My Refund” tool does not lead me in any direction towards the whereabouts of my refund.

I’m completely at a loss. My brain is fried from staring at the IRS.gov website continuously for hours trying to dig up any info about my return & payments. 😖 I’m pooped.

Ok ... the return was successfully efiled ... good.  Now the advance payments will not start until the return has been fully processed and the refund is issued so you will have to wait for that. 

Next... for the very  unreliable Where's My Refund ?  tool ... if you are entering the correct information and there is nothing on the system then all you can do is try again later ... as your return moves thru the processing pipeline that no news message will be presented and it is normal.  Try once every few days ... trying too often will get you locked out and/or get you that no news message.  

You can try calling the IRS however they are only answering 10% of the calls coming in ...

Here is the normal method to reach a live IRS agent when they are operating smoothly, and I'll also tell you below how to reach the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service, if needed.

IRS:  800-829-1040 (7AM-7 PM local time) Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do not choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

• First choose your language.  Then listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • Then press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions." 
  • It may then ask for your SSN, but do not enter it.  Just wait.    If it asks for SSN a second time, still do not enter it.
  • Then it will get "tired", and you'll get another menu.  Choose 2 for "personal".
  • Then in the next menu choose 4 for "all other inquiries", and it should transfer you to an agent but expect a long wait.
  • I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.

If you continue to have no luck reaching the IRS, you can try contacting the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service for your area.    They are especially prone to help if you have an economic hardship, or if there have been continued delays with lack of info from the IRS.    At the following IRS website, find the USA map and click on your state, and it will give you the number of your IRS Taxpayer Advocate.    If the Taxpayer Advocate can't/won't help you, ask them to transfer you to an an IRS agent.  A couple of users reported that at least for them, that was a backdoor route to the IRS.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-a-Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Also see this article for more info on how the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service works::
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc104.html

@kalisa720 

Please don't update your question as most will not notice the changes and it makes things confusing  ... instead make another post on the current thread in the future. 

@Critter-3 

YOU, my friend…ARE AWESOME!!

Thank you for all that you have shared. The most helpful response I’ve had since I began this whole circus act w the IRS fiasco a like 3 weeks ago.
Thank you Thank you Thank you!!

Alright, I shall heed your counsel & follow the road you helped pave for me in resolving my issues w my taxes. ☺️ I’m hopeful & excited cuz your directions seem promising & I finally feel like I’m not running around in circles anymore thanks to you!!

I’ll let you know how my progress goes moving forward. ☺️😊

Once again, thank you friend. 👋🏽

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies