Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My e-file didn't go through due to a technical "hiccup,"I keep getting 601ERRV:3. I restart everything and it still continues. Does anyone know how to fix this?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

My e-file didn't go through due to a technical "hiccup,"I keep getting 601ERRV:3. I restart everything and it still continues. Does anyone know how to fix this?

If the phone number in the My Info section is blank or the wrong number of digits, it might give this error. 

To check your phone entry, click on My Info, on the left menu, and to the right of your address, click on the icon of the blue pencil. This will open the screen to edit your address and phone is at the bottom.

Enter your complete and accurate phone number and be sure to press Continue until the section completes and the changes are saved.

If this does not stop the error message, you may need to close your browser and clear your cache/cookies/temporary internet files, or use a different browser.

If this does not stop the error message, this TurboTax FAQ has information and a click-for-email-notification link, at the bottom.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4177463

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Albert999
Returning Member

I got the technical hiccup error when I tried to file my amended taxes. I called turbotax help and and they tried to help me, but could not make it work. Its August, shouldn't this problem be fixed by now? I'm using a MacBook pro.

Albert999
Returning Member

I am using the desk top version not the online version.

Only the 2021 amended return can be efiled  and only if the original return was also efiled using the TT program.

Did you have trouble efiling it?  I have seen posts from people saying they can't efile the amended return from the Desktop program.  To amend in the Desktop program.....

First you need to update your original return with the filing status so it knows it was filed and accepted.  For the Desktop program you have to check the filing status inside the program.

Open your return and go up to menu item

File > Electronic Filing > Check Electronic Filing Status

Then save your return.  Then close and reopen the program.  And then update the program before you open your return, go up to Online- Check for Updates.

And before you amend you should have saved a copy of your file so you have the original.  Go up to File-Save As and give it another name.

Double check all fields where you are asked to type info into a blank field.  Ensure that "Joseph Smith" is entered exactly as it appears.  Not "Joe Smith" or "Joseph L. Smith", etc.  Same thing applies to dates:  08/10/2022, not 8/10/22....you get the picture.

Buena Suerte

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies