turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My completed returns were rejected due to "an incorrect AGI". i confirmed the AGI was correct. I've already paid the taxes and e-filing fees. How do I proceed?

the AGI was for my 2022 returns, which is what was requested
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

My completed returns were rejected due to "an incorrect AGI". i confirmed the AGI was correct. I've already paid the taxes and e-filing fees. How do I proceed?

There is a possibility that the IRS does not have the correct 2022 AGI for your SS number.

Enter a 0 (zero) for the 2022 AGI and e-file again.

Try entering 0 for the AGI. The IRS might have processed your return later so the AGI didn't get entered in time.  Especially if you mailed it.  That works for most people. See,
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/rejections/help/what-if-i-entered-the-correct-agi-and-i-m-still-ge...

How to correct the AGI in the Online version
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/where-do-i-correct-my-agi-in-turbotax-online/00/26311

If you can’t get it to efile you will have to print and mail it.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

Be sure to attach copies of your W2s and any 1099s that have withholding on them.  You have to mail federal and state in separate envelopes because they go to different places.  Get a tracking number from the post office when you mail them for proof of filing.

Entering $0 worked for the Federal Return, so thank you for that.  However, I'm now unable to e-file the Illinois state return.  I've tried $0 and the actual 2022 AGI, but neither worked.

MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

According to this Illinois Department of Revenue webpage:

If your return was rejected because your Prior Year Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) doesn't match the Prior Year AGI on the Illinois Department of Revenue (IDOR) production file, it may mean there is no prior year return on file with IDOR, or a change or correction to the prior year return was made by the taxpayer or IDOR after the original filing.

Possible reasons for the prior year return not being on file could include:

• The prior year return was rejected.
  • The prior year return was filed under an incorrect SSN/ITIN.
  • The prior year return was received but was unable to be processed.
  • The prior year return had a notice issued regarding verification of identity, and no response to that notice was received by the department.

You can use this page to send questions or requests for information to the Illinois DOR.

If the issue can't be resolved, you can print and mail your return to Illinois. TurboTax will provide instructions if you make the choice to mail your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies