prttynpnk811

My 1099-NEC Box 6 is blank. The system won't allow me to e-file unless its filled in. What can I do to bypass this?

ColeenD3

Box 6 needs an entry if there is an entry in Box 5 or 7. If you only have one state tax return, it isn't necessary to indicate that the income belongs to that state. It will carry forward to your state return.

prttynpnk811

There are zero entries in boxes 5-7 on my form.

Do I put the Payer's state or my state?

JeffreyR77

Enter the Payor's State.

jcandrade93

If boxes 5 and 7 show $0 then make sure you left them empty and didn't manually enter 0 on the form. Same thing happened to me and doing this let me e-file without needing to fill box 6.