or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nursemuffin7
Returning Member

LLC question

My partner left one month after we filed a partnership LLC so now I am a sole llc. She did not make any money or contribute any money. Do I need to file a 1065?  Also, is there a form that needs to be set to the IRS to change from a partnership LLC to a sole owner LLC? 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
tagteam
Level 15

LLC question

It would be good practice to file a final Form 1065, but if the LLC neither received income nor incurred any expenditures treated as deductions or credits for federal income tax purposes a return is not required.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
tagteam
Level 15

LLC question

It would be good practice to file a final Form 1065, but if the LLC neither received income nor incurred any expenditures treated as deductions or credits for federal income tax purposes a return is not required.

View solution in original post

DavidS127
Expert Alumni

LLC question

As Community user tagteam pointed out, if you had income and expenditures while operating as a partnership, you are required to file a Form 1065, which for you would also be a final tax return.

When you become a single member LLC, you "default" to a "disregarded entity" (sole proprietorship filing Schedule C on your personal tax return) unless you file an application with IRS to be treated as a corporation (with or without an election to be treated as an S-corp).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v