turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

LICENSE CODE

When I first install the  Turbo Tax 2019 software it prompted me to enter this code. Since then I uninstalled it. But later  re-installed it. This time it didn't prompt me to enter the license code. So do I need to be concerned that it didn't need the code?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

LICENSE CODE

No concern.  Uninstalling will not reset the license.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

LICENSE CODE

I do have a problem that doesn't allow me to download my State. I went thru a process that showed me what to do to fix the problem. But it still didn't work. When I installed the Deluxe software after a 2nd time it didn't ask me to enter the license code. 

LICENSE CODE

Hi,

I've used Turbo Tax for many years. I don't recall ever getting a License Code included with the software. Why do they give a license code?

LICENSE CODE

@anthony340 

The code is new this year.   It allows the folks who buy the CD at a store to download the software instead of using the CD...since there are so many computers without cd drives anymore.   Some software companies let you buy a box at the store....that is essentially empty with only a download for installation. 

The CD is pretty useless anymore as the software is in such a preliminary state that it can't operate at anything more than a crude level without a whole bunch of updates.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

LICENSE CODE

cannot find license code. <email removed>

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies