Solved: Just log out and don't file the return. You don't ...

amariselise2012

I have registered but not filed. i no longer want to do my taxes through turbo tax and need to know how to cancel my account. If it helps, it will not let me clear.

IsabellaG

Just log out and don't file the return. You don't have to file a return that you started. You can go back and manually  remove the information that you entered, but once you've registered, you can no longer clear and start over. 

IsabellaG

figg753

Never have I ever heard of such a thing. I clicked something by mistake, and now must put my information elsewhere because I do not want deluxe, but can't get out of it.
ilkayaltas

I totally agree. I will never ever use turbotax again. I strongly recommend other online sources. All of them but not Turbo Tax
Fatbastard60

I agree.  Turbo tax didn't accept any info I submitted.  I completed the form, and now it's saying I'm getting a $0 return.  

JamesG1

You will not be able to Clear and start over after you have registered your account.

Make sure that you delete as much information as you can find in the tax return.  Most items in TurboTax have a trashcan icon to their right that can be used to delete data.

An example follows: 

• Click on Federal.
  • Click on Deductions and credits.
  • Next to the expense to be deducted, click Edit.
  • Depending upon the item, you may need to scroll through one or more pages.
  • Click the trashcan icon next to the expense to be deducted.
  • Confirm deletion by clicking Continue.

After deleting all of your data, you can log out.

See additional information.

Russellcarlson

I no longer need Turbo Tax and wish to cancel my account.

You can not delete or merge accounts.

You can try to clear all of the information in your TurboTax account for this year but you will need to Contact Customer Support  to have an account deactivated for more of a resolution.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-clear-and-start-over-in-turbotax-onli...

Roosterln3388

I have paid cant file because im using adjusted gross from 2019 how to get 2020 filed

HeatherPLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

There are a few ways to obtain your AGI or double-check this information. Please see the Help Article here for further instructions.