Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It tells me i'm not connected the internet, but clearly i am....

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

You may want to try to connect directly to your modem to bypass this error.  Please see below for additional information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302380

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm connected to the internet.  I can tell since I went to "network connection" and it says "you're connected to the internet.  However Turbo Tax says I'm not.  What do I do?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are having problems with the program or glitches, please try clearing your cookies and cache. 

How to clear your cache. 

How to delete cookies. 

If this does not work, I recommend trying another browser and checking your internet connection, ensure you are hardwired.

If you need additional assistance you can contact an agent

go to  Internet Options(Internet Properties) - Connections - LAN settings - uncheck box "Proxy server"

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Please click Check your Internet connection in Windows and follow the troubleshooting steps.  

However, if this does not resolve your issue, please note the exact message and where you are encountering that message in the program.  We will work with you toward a resolution to file your return accurately. Please click the link to contact TurboTax customer support.

Ribon
Returning Member

I'm having a similar problem.  

I know I have internet access because I can follow all sorts of links to all sorts of web pages.  And when I install TurboTax, it downloads and installs updates, which tells me not only do I have internet connection, but I have internet connection  to TurboTax.  

But then when I restart TurboTax after the update, I get a screen that tells me I'm not connected to the internet, and To activate your purchase, you'll need  to connect to the internet.  If I click the Try again button, I either get that same page dsplayed again, or a page that's blank except for some spinning blue dots.  I am not able to activate the program.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

For this, you will need to either give us a call or try to complete a return/exchange where you purchased the software.  

So we can take a closer look at your specific situation, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible.  

Windows download version:

In a previous issue (in a long long line of issues) I was told to turn off windows firewall, which solved that issue. After two weeks of beating my head against this issue, turns out that it didnt like the firewall being off and turning it back on solved the "not connected to the internet" issue (contrary to other bad advice in this thread from TT). Honestly, when the whole country is obligated to perform an action which gets so complicated it is dependent on private software solutions like TT, it should be illegal to put out software THIS CONSISTENTLY BAD, year after year after year. Imagine, across the country, the amount of fines that have been assessed due to TT's buggy, ancient code base combined with their "Turn it off and on again" style "support".

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies