turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

hhll
Level 2

It says "you entered CA SDI and/or VPDI greater than "$$". Since the maximum SDI/VPDI withholding for 2020 is "$$", you may have entered an incorrect code in box 14

I concur, keep seeing the same error , and i cant file my taxes.

hhll
Level 2

It says "you entered CA SDI and/or VPDI greater than "$$". Since the maximum SDI/VPDI withholding for 2020 is "$$", you may have entered an incorrect code in box 14

Didnt work for me.

Check your W2 to see if multiple entries in Box 14.  Mine have 2, the other is not SDI/VPDI, and I changed that to the correct title, which fix the error and able to proceed further.   Good Luck.

kpeng17

same here, I can't break out of this loop. must be a Turbo Tax bug.

Can someone from TurboTax please fix this bug ASAP?!? We went through the hassle of filling out everything, and paid TurboTax fees, and this is clearly a bug on the TurboTax platform that's blocking us from filing the taxes in time. 

The workaround of removing the field might fix this, but that'll increase my taxes, plus, that's entering the WRONG information just to get around TurboTax's bug.

FWIW, I'm running into this PROBABLY because I changed job halfway through the year, so they both withheld the maximum amount ($1229.09). CA will return the $ as part of the refund, but turbotax apparently doesn't know how to handle such an obvious issue in its last step verification.

Having the same issue - need help asap.

I am having the same SDI Problem!! I have tried N number of times and still see the same ERROR! Turbo Tax is horrible!! These people don't answer. I will think twice before buying this again!!!

I have same two entries. Could you please tell, what did you change? I am having hard times for several hours and despite all R&D the Turbo Tax seems to be going into the loop. NEVER, EVER had such issue and these guys do NOT FIX such BUGS!!!

Check to see if you have more than one entry in this box. There could be multiple entries and one other entry may be marked incorrectly. 

After spending hours with TT support on this, it’s clear that’s a bug that won’t be fixed before the deadline. The recommendation I got was to file by mail. Might be the safest option at this point for anyone stuck with this problem. Print it and mail it.

Thanks for your information, appreciate it! People have been facing this problem since last few weeks and these guys do not want to fix this bug!! This is really very disappointing!!!!!

I am able to submit after editing W2's box 14 manually...

1) Go to Federal Taxes in Turbox application

2) Click "Continue"

3) Click " I'll choose what I work on"

4) Click on "Update" in "Wages and Salaries"

5) click on "Edit" of the W2

6) Goto "Box 14"

7) Manually enter info like

7.a) CA VPDI, 1229.08, CA VPDI tax

7.b) Please note that I put 1229.08

7.c) I also changed the order like put ESPP in the first row and CA VPDI in the second row

8. Click on "Continue"

9) Give a try now

9) I changed 

Good Luck friends...

Thanks for the info and appreciate your detailed explanation but it still doe not work!!

I worked for the same employer for the entire year and my CA VPDI is exactly the maximum of $1,229.09.  As other users pointed out, there is a bug in the SW that result in an infinity loop ...  I'm disappointed that the only solution is to file by mail.  I do see that other users raised the issue 3 weeks ago and that TurboTax hasn't fixed it yet.  Too bad.  I'd like to point out that, when filing by mail, one doesn't need to change the value of the CA VPDI as previously suggested.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies