pcgbwswan5

It says I need to upgrade because I need a schedule 4. What is this and why do I need it?

Coleen3

No one can see your return.  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040s4.pdf">https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040s4.pdf</a>
mesquitebean

Here's how to preview your return to see what is showing on your Schedule 4:

• With your return open, in the left menu column click on TAX TOOLS, then TOOLS.
  • In the Tools window, choose "View Tax Summary."
  • On the Tax Summary screen, go back to the left menu column and click "Preview Form 1040."
  • That will open the 1040 Worksheet.
  • Scroll way down to look at the Schedules.

If that's the only reason you need to upgrade, you may be able to use the other free product--TurboTax Free File Program--if you meet one of these qualifications.  It is free for Federal and State and can handle all the forms as long as you meet one of these criteria below. 

1) 2018 AGI of $34,000 or less
or
2) Eligible for EIC (earned income credit)
or
3)  Active duty military including Reservists/ National Guard with military W-2 and 2018 AGI of $66,000 or less

NOTE:  If you switch to Free File Program by that method, and find out later you don't qualify,  you won't be able to go back to regular Online TurboTax in that same account.  So instead of switching that way, if you wish you could start a new account (User ID) at the Free File Program website, which would maintain the option of returning to the other Online TurboTax account, if necessary.