Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It says I need to upgrade because I need a schedule 4. What is this and why do I need it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

It says I need to upgrade because I need a schedule 4. What is this and why do I need it?

No one can see your return.  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040s4.pdf">https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040s4.pdf</a>

Here's how to preview your return to see what is showing on your Schedule 4:

• With your return open, in the left menu column click on TAX TOOLS, then TOOLS.
  • In the Tools window, choose "View Tax Summary."
  • On the Tax Summary screen, go back to the left menu column and click "Preview Form 1040."
  • That will open the 1040 Worksheet.
  • Scroll way down to look at the Schedules.

If that's the only reason you need to upgrade, you may be able to use the other free product--TurboTax Free File Program--if you meet one of these qualifications.  It is free for Federal and State and can handle all the forms as long as you meet one of these criteria below. 

1) 2018 AGI of $34,000 or less
or
2) Eligible for EIC (earned income credit)
or
3)  Active duty military including Reservists/ National Guard with military W-2 and 2018 AGI of $66,000 or less

NOTE:  If you switch to Free File Program by that method, and find out later you don't qualify,  you won't be able to go back to regular Online TurboTax in that same account.  So instead of switching that way, if you wish you could start a new account (User ID) at the Free File Program website, which would maintain the option of returning to the other Online TurboTax account, if necessary.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies