turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received reject. Itice R0000-507-01, how can I see which dependent they are questioning?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
AnthonyJ

I received reject. Itice R0000-507-01, how can I see which dependent they are questioning?

Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing or finding out one of your dependents had been claimed on another return without first filing your return.  At this point, the IRS would reject the return using rejection code R0000-507-01.  This could have been intentional or by mistake.

When you get a rejection like this, the IRS is telling you that you will not be able to e-file your return because the SSN in question has already been used. The only option you have at this point is to paper-file your tax return.  Just print, sign, date, and mail in your tax return.

After filing your paper-return, you'll eventually receive a letter from the IRS, stating that your child was claimed on another return. It will tell you that if you made a mistake to file an amended return and if it was not a mistake not to do anything. The other party will get the same letter you did. If one of you doesn't file an amended return, un-claiming the child, the next letter, from the IRS, will require you to provide proof.  You will want to ensure you reply in a timely manner.

monykuh83

Is there any information I should include in my mailed return proving they were my dependent to claim?
monykuh83

Is there any information I should include in my mailed return proving they were my dependent to claim?

I Betty jo vender want to complain to irs for allowing nicole Valencia to claim her daughter when she has not supported her nor had her in her home. . this problem accrued last year also.  I will prove that the child was in my care. Thank you Betty Vender ( grandma)

How do I dispute this filing and reject code?

JohnW222
Expert Alumni

Unfortunately, there's no way to dispute a reject code. 

You might try the TurboTax Help article "How do I fix a rejected return?" to see if that helps.

You can still file your return -- by printing and mailing it -- but the IRS' database apparently has different information than what you entered, and it will continue to reject an e-filed return unless it receives information that agrees with that database.

Related Information:

How do I print and mail my return in TurboTax Online?

How do I print and mail a return in the TurboTax for Windows CD/Download software?

How do I paper-file in the TurboTax for Mac CD/Download software?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies