turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is there anyway i can do this without having to download WINDOWS software?

i dont have windows. how do i correct my returns?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

is platform independent software that hard to write?  answer: no.  i will have to get an actual professional to take care of it.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

is platform independent software that hard to write?  answer: no.  i will have to get an actual professional to take care of it.

What year do you need to amend?  You can only amend the current 2016 return online.
How to amend 2016 online, https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3402261-how-do-i-amend-my-2016-turbotax-online-return

For prior years you need to use a Windows or Mac computer
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894381-how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-filed

yea, that does not help. if you read the question it clearly states that i do not have windows.  wanna give me $400 for a copy?

Do you have access to a Mac?  Or can you use a friend's or family?  You probably know someone you can use their computer.
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Fill out and submit the online form at the following link to request a download of the TurboTax Amendment software for the Mac for the year that you need.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3449967-amend-prior-year-return-mac-software-request">https://ttlc...>

If you go to the link that VolvoGirl posted above, and click through the appropriate links for the year and how you filed the original return, it will lead you to this same request form.

You can amend your 2016 tax return online until October 15. Earlier years cannot be amended online. If you do not have the CD or download TurboTax software for the year that you have to amend, you have to install the amendment software on a Windows or Mac computer. Again, if you follow the links that VolvoGirl gave you, they will lead you to step-by-step instructions for your particular situation.
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

You say you don't have Windows, but you posted your last comment from a Windows 7 computer. Can you not use that computer to amend your tax returns?

had to modify user agent to get website to behave correctly.

You must have a copy of the original tax return you want to update.

The simplest way is to prepare your correct tax return (using other software not involving Windows) and print it.

Then lay the paper printouts of both returns (correct and original) side-by-side.

You now have all the information needed to prepare Form1040X by hand. It's pretty straight-forward.

The blank form in writeable PDF format and its instructions are available at www.irs.gov.

Mail to the same address you would mail your original tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies