Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wulffb

Is it necessary to keep Turbotax editions pre-2018 edition loaded on my computer? Could I file a 2013 amended return with the 2018 software?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Is it necessary to keep Turbotax editions pre-2018 edition loaded on my computer? Could I file a 2013 amended return with the 2018 software?

If you ever need to amend a tax return for a prior year you will need that year's TurboTax software for the amended return.

You cannot use the TurboTax 2018 software to amend a 2013 tax return.  Only the 2013 software can be used.

It is to late to file a 2013 amended return for a tax refund.  There is a three year statute of limitations to file for a refund.  For 2013 the return for a refund had to be filed on or before April 15, 2017.

No you can't use 2018 to amend another year.  You need to use the same year program.  You don't need to keep the programs installed but you will need to reinstall them if you need to amend or open the .tax file for that year.

When you are finished filing you should save your return as both the .tax file and pdf file.  Then you won't need the program installed if you need to print a copy in the future like to get a loan.

akkamara

I started to file last year to my 2018 taxes with TURBOTAX 2018 but never finished. I will like to complete filing my 2018 taxes. So I need Tubotax Delux Software 2018 PC Download to be able to resumed from where I stopped. I need help. Thanks !!!

Regards, 

Aminata Kamara

@akkamara wrote:

I started to file last year to my 2018 taxes with TURBOTAX 2018 but never finished. I will like to complete filing my 2018 taxes. So I need Tubotax Delux Software 2018 PC Download to be able to resumed from where I stopped. I need help. Thanks !!!

Regards, 

Aminata Kamara

See this TurboTax support FAQ for completing a 2018 tax return that was started with the online editions - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-finish-a-prior-year-return-that-i-...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies