Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

majk9034

Is anyone having problems downloading turbo tax deluxe fed and state 2021? When I try to download, I am getting message that is not a microsoft verified app?

The download file is windows_per_turbotax.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Is anyone having problems downloading turbo tax deluxe fed and state 2021? When I try to download, I am getting message that is not a microsoft verified app?

Where did you purchase the download software?

The TurboTax website to purchase a download of the 2021 software is here - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

If you purchased the software from TurboTax then the download will be in your TurboTax download account here - https://shopping.turbotax.intuit.com/unified/downloads?route=myaccounts

If you purchased and downloaded the TurboTax software for tax year 2021 then the installation file for Windows will be windows_per_turbotax.exe

That is a valid Windows based installation file.  Turn off your Virus and/or Malware applications to install the software.  Once TurboTax is installed turn back on your applications.

You get this if you don't buy it from the Microsoft store ... something with the WIN settings you have ... https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/windows-10-warns-me-use-microsoft-verified-app

I have installed the .exe file, but can not find where I'm supposed to get the application to work on my 2021 taxes. No where do I find a place to use the License Code that I was given. What am I doing wrong? I don't remember having this much trouble accessing the program in all the years that I have been using TurboTax!

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Once TurboTax is successfully installed, you would have the TurboTax icon on your desktop.

Per @DoninGA above:

"If you purchased and downloaded the TurboTax software for tax year 2021 then the installation file for Windows will be windows_per_turbotax.exe

That is a valid Windows based installation file.  Turn off your Virus and/or Malware applications to install the software.  Once TurboTax is installed turn back on your applications."

Click this link for more info on How to Download TurboTax

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm having the same problem. Still trying to figure this thing out. It's very frustrating.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

If you have followed the resolutions listed above and you are still experiencing issues, you can contact support.

This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent.

@maggie4petes8

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies