• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
majk9034

Is anyone having problems downloading turbo tax deluxe fed and state 2021? When I try to download, I am getting message that is not a microsoft verified app?

The download file is windows_per_turbotax.
6 Replies
DoninGA
Level 15

Is anyone having problems downloading turbo tax deluxe fed and state 2021? When I try to download, I am getting message that is not a microsoft verified app?

Where did you purchase the download software?

The TurboTax website to purchase a download of the 2021 software is here - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

If you purchased the software from TurboTax then the download will be in your TurboTax download account here - https://shopping.turbotax.intuit.com/unified/downloads?route=myaccounts

Critter-3
Level 15

DoninGA
Level 15

If you purchased and downloaded the TurboTax software for tax year 2021 then the installation file for Windows will be windows_per_turbotax.exe

That is a valid Windows based installation file.  Turn off your Virus and/or Malware applications to install the software.  Once TurboTax is installed turn back on your applications.

Critter-3
Level 15

You get this if you don't buy it from the Microsoft store ... something with the WIN settings you have ... https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/windows-10-warns-me-use-microsoft-verified-app

grannydams

I have installed the .exe file, but can not find where I'm supposed to get the application to work on my 2021 taxes. No where do I find a place to use the License Code that I was given. What am I doing wrong? I don't remember having this much trouble accessing the program in all the years that I have been using TurboTax!

MarilynG1
Employee Tax Expert

Once TurboTax is successfully installed, you would have the TurboTax icon on your desktop.

Per @DoninGA above:

"If you purchased and downloaded the TurboTax software for tax year 2021 then the installation file for Windows will be windows_per_turbotax.exe

That is a valid Windows based installation file.  Turn off your Virus and/or Malware applications to install the software.  Once TurboTax is installed turn back on your applications."

Click this link for more info on How to Download TurboTax

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v