IRS is saying my 2019 return was not filed. I got ...

IRS is saying my 2019 return was not filed. I got the IRS Accepted email from Turbotax. Payments show that electronic payment was received. Live app says not working

I need answer since TurboTax says it was accepted by IRS.

If you received an email from TurboTax indicating that the e-filed 2019 federal tax return was Accepted by the IRS, then it was accepted.  TurboTax receives confirmation from the IRS when an e-filed tax return is either Accepted or Rejected and then sends the email based on that confirmation.

Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

The accept message actually comes form the IRS - TurboTax only forwards it to you.

Did you pay by direct dept to your bank account by entering your bank routing and account number?   The ONLY way that the IRS could credit the payment would be if they received the tax return.

How did the IRS tell you that they did not have the tax return - their website has be very unreliable lately.

If you had a balance do on the federal return and the payment was debited from your account as requested, then your federal return was filed. The where's my refund tool will not tell you that your return has processed because it was a balanced due return. If you are looking for a transcript of the return then it is very possible the IRS has not finished processing the return and therefore it will not be shown in the transcript section yet.