Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Veysmith

IRS hasn't withdrawn funds yet

The IRS accepted my return on 3/28. They were supposed to withdraw the taxes I owe from my bank on 4/1. It is 4/7 and they still haven't withdrawn the funds. What should I do?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

You cannot do anything but wait. 

Due to the Corona virus the IRS is operating short staffed. All field offices are closed and some processing centers are all but closed. Any tax return that requires hand processing will probably have long delays.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
atwist44

I submitted my taxes on the same day with a date of 4/1 also to have the money taken out.  It shows it was accepted but the money hasn't been taken out to this point.  

I contacted EFTPS and they said they don't have a record of my taxes and it might take a call to the IRS.

Did they ever get it handled, or did it workout where they withdrawal out of your account days later? 

I'm running into the same issue. it's been 1 week so far. 

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

The best thing you all can do is be patient and wait!  When the Corona-19 virus first struck the IRS basically shut down.  Even now, they are faced with a huge backlog of cases.  Things that used to take place in a timely fashion take much longer.  Rest assured the IRS will take your money.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies