dtmdtm08

Irs hasn't taken payment

cameaf

Irs hasn't taken payment

If you chose to have the payment directly debited when you completed your return in Turbo Tax, they will be paid on the payment date you specified as long as the return was accepted. Allow 48 hours for processing and 72 hours during peak.  If you did not select a date, it will be defaulted to the filing deadline (April 18, 2017).

As long as you filed your return on or before April 18, 2017 and you selected April 18, 2017 (or earlier) as your payment date, you won't get penalized for late payment.

If you still don't see the debit 7-10 days after your return has been accepted, call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537.
You can also make IRS payments by logging onto their website- www.irs.gov/payments.

cameaf

Irs hasn't taken payment

condorhiker

Irs hasn't taken payment

I filed my taxes with TurboTax in March.  The returns were accepted by the IRS and CA Franchise Tax Board immediately.  The payments were set for April 18.  My CA payment went thru and was debited from my account.  The IRS payment from the same account did not go thru.  I checked my TT returns and the account numbers were exactly the same.  The IRS told me that TurboTax "reversed" the debit.  Why?  I received two letters from the IRS and had to pay them separately.  Poor service from TT!