turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dtmdtm08

Irs hasn't taken payment

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Irs hasn't taken payment

If you chose to have the payment directly debited when you completed your return in Turbo Tax, they will be paid on the payment date you specified as long as the return was accepted. Allow 48 hours for processing and 72 hours during peak.  If you did not select a date, it will be defaulted to the filing deadline (April 18, 2017).

As long as you filed your return on or before April 18, 2017 and you selected April 18, 2017 (or earlier) as your payment date, you won't get penalized for late payment.

If you still don't see the debit 7-10 days after your return has been accepted, call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537.
You can also make IRS payments by logging onto their website- www.irs.gov/payments.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Irs hasn't taken payment

If you chose to have the payment directly debited when you completed your return in Turbo Tax, they will be paid on the payment date you specified as long as the return was accepted. Allow 48 hours for processing and 72 hours during peak.  If you did not select a date, it will be defaulted to the filing deadline (April 18, 2017).

As long as you filed your return on or before April 18, 2017 and you selected April 18, 2017 (or earlier) as your payment date, you won't get penalized for late payment.

If you still don't see the debit 7-10 days after your return has been accepted, call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537.
You can also make IRS payments by logging onto their website- www.irs.gov/payments.

Irs hasn't taken payment

I filed my taxes with TurboTax in March.  The returns were accepted by the IRS and CA Franchise Tax Board immediately.  The payments were set for April 18.  My CA payment went thru and was debited from my account.  The IRS payment from the same account did not go thru.  I checked my TT returns and the account numbers were exactly the same.  The IRS told me that TurboTax "reversed" the debit.  Why?  I received two letters from the IRS and had to pay them separately.  Poor service from TT!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies