Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Investment Income Entry not available

Entry of Investment Income for Stocks and Bonds will only be available after the New Year for TurboTax2023 (just found this out only today).  I purchased TurboTax in November, so I could get an accurate amount of how much investment I needed to buy and sell so I could declare the proper 2023 ordinary income to get/maintain proper credits.   The latest date for availability was 12/21/2023 yesterday, but after the latest update, it now appears as 1/4/2024, which would be too late to take action for tax year 2023.  I understand the government is still changing forms and one won't be able file until that is finalized.  But WHY does the software not even allow you to ENTER the section on Investment Income, instead of providing a workaround?  Not only was the expectation of being able to estimate your taxes early false, but it nullified the reason why I bought this edition early in 2023.  Will this be a recurring issue in future editions? 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

4 Replies

This is a total failure for Intuit and TT, and it is complete BS.  I want a refund.

@royreichwein 

Use this TurboTax website to request a refund - https://accounts.intuit.com/app/oirr

Use this TurboTax website to look up a charge - https://accounts.intuit.com/app/oicl

wptilton

I find TT's 2023 edition pathetic, indicative of a failing management, a lack of understanding of taxpayers' planning needs, with NO provision for circumventing the Investment Income input area (e.g., by permitting us to enter proforma data directly on the forms).  Utterly PATHETIC!!!

However, for proforma tax estimations, one may still use the 2022 edition.  Never have I ever seen TT offered so late in any year, which provided earlier incentive to using a prior year.  Though, as I've changed home state recently, this Inv. Income section was ONLY ONE OF THE CHALLENGES.  

How proud would I be if I were in the lead management of INTUIT?  I wouldn't be able to sleep nights!  How could I pretend this was unforeseeable???   Yes, neighbors and friends and colleagues would assume I've lost my mind!!  Even the most lamebrained of all would be wondering why TT provides no allusion to Form 8960, etc....  At least provide some detailed tax code info!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies