Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Importing 2020 file from H&R Block software to Turbotax Business 2021

I used H&R Block software for my 2020 taxes (both personal and business), but I'm back on Turbotax for 2021. I was able to transfer my personal tax return from 2020 into Turbotax Deluxe. However, I have not been able to figure out how to transfer my two business returns from H&R Block's software into Turbotax Business. Both returns under H&R Block's software are in .pdf format. Is it possible to do the transfer or will I need to manually input the 2020 returns for both businesses into Turbotax Business? Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Yes, TurboTax for Business does support importing your prior-year return. Please see the below TurboTax help article for more information.

Can I transfer last year's PDF into the 2021 TurboTax for Windows CD/Download software?

If you are still unable to import your returns, please reach out to Customer Support for additional assistance.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@MichelleLO   That link only talks about 1040 personal returns. I can't find any FAQ to transfer into Business program.  Not even to transfer the .tax2020 file.

@MichelleLO   That link only talks about 1040 personal returns. I can't find any FAQ to transfer into Business program.  Not even to transfer the .tax2020 file.

AL2022

Could not find the answer to importing a PDF from 2020 H&R Block into 2021 TurboTax online anywhere. 

Here is what I did and it worked. 

Opened the H&R Block Software 2020. 

Browsed for the T20 file and opened it. 

Clicked on File, then Save As PDF... and saved it. 

It will give you 2 files: For_Filing and For_Records. 

You can exit H&R Block program now (No need to save).

Then I opened TurboTax 2021, browsed for the "For_Filing" PDF and double clicked on it. 

Worked for me!  Good Luck.!!!

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually did my taxes over the weekend and simply manually entered everything. I appreciate your response just the same.

Irishfan75
Returning Member

It appears to be a similar solution this year to import from H&R Block based upon what I found from previous years.  TurboTax would not import the saved 2021 Block file if it included worksheets.  I had to save a Block copy for 2021 with only the IRS forms submitted and it uploaded.

Thanks this is very helpful.

I do not think there is a way to use a pdf copy to input previous year data.  You need the file in .tax format.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies