You can, if your 2019 PDF is a 1040 return generated through TurboTax, H&R Block, or TaxACT software.
Be aware that in some cases TurboTax won't be able to read the PDF, for example if it's password-protected or is a scanned copy of a PDF instead of an actual PDF file.
- Sign into your TurboTax account to access returns for 2020.
- Choose New Tax Return from the File menu.
- Select Start a New Return.
- When you get to the transfer screen, select Browse.
- Navigate to your PDF file, select Open, and follow any onscreen instructions.