Still need to file? Our experts can get your taxes done right. Get started >

gabbynellessen17

I accidentally clicked turbo tax deluxe. How can I go back to the free version on the app?

If you have not paid for the online edition you are using, have not filed your tax return or registered the Free edition, then you can clear your return and start over with a lower priced edition.  Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen while working on the 2017 online tax return.  Click on Clear & Start Over.

mtran

@DoninGA  What happens if you accidentally already paid for the edition you are using but have not yet filed the return? 

@mtran wrote:

If you paid for the online edition then even if you do not file the tax return using TurboTax the payment cannot be refunded.  See this TurboTax support FAQ for the satisfaction guarantee - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/does-your-unconditional-60-day-money-back-gu...

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789-_~