Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

If the little blue bar is completely full... what does that mean??

I still have not received my refund yet and it pass my 21 days

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

This is normal. The 21 days is not exact, but an estimated time frame. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to update. The IRS began processing returns on 2/12, you may not find a record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight.

What does pending mean?

Please use this link to track your refund from the IRS

Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hey there, so it hasn't been 21 business days for me..(Not sure if that applies) for this year.. Mine was accepted the 15th although i did file for the Child Tax Credit... Would that effect my return timing by any chance?

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

No.  Claiming the Child Tax Credit should not add any processing time for your return.  Processing could be slow because of all the Other things happening in the IRS right now with processing Stimulus payments and updating to do additional payments and all of the new tax laws because of the Covid-19 Relief Act.

There is, however, a special temporary rule allowing individuals to use their earned income from tax year 2019 to determine their eligibility and amount of Earned Income Tax Credit and the refundable portion of the Child Tax Credit (i.e., the Additional Child Tax Credit) in the 2020 tax year. TurboTax will help you to do this when you file your 2020 tax return this year.

The package provides relief through multiple measures and expands many of the provisions already put into place under the CARES Act, including a second round of direct stimulus payments to individuals and families.

Amanda323

So, if the bar is blue that means it was approved and my return is on its way? The wmr never updates for me and this is my first yr using turbotax.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Amanda the WMR is not affiliated with TurboTax.  It is an IRS refund table.  Once your return is submitted to the IRS, TurboTax is no longer involved.  The IRS will only discuss your refund status with you.  TurboTax does not issue refunds.  

On another note, please remember that this is quite an unusual year and the IRS is experiencing delays because they are issuing refunds and Stimulus checks.  Refunds will start to be issued again soon.  Please be patient to give the IRS the time to get back to issuing refunds.

Nadi93

What about if you had to idverify?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you had to verify it will take additional time to process your return. 

If you need additional information, it would be best to contact the IRS by clicking here. @Nadia93.

loganlbl

why is my bar full but have no return date or on the irs site says still processing and also turbo tax gave me the site of one there bank its gets it first then sends to your bank 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

If you have used the service Pay with My Refund, you can additionally track the status at SBTPG (our third-party refund processor) here.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies