gis6362

If I share my turbo tax cd with another person will they be able to access my tax information

Is the cd just read only and none of the tax information would be shared by the new user. The other person needs previous years turbo tax cd.

KatyeH

When you complete your returns with a TurboTax CD/Download product, your returns are stored locally on your hard drive.  This means if your friend is using a separate computer they won't be able to access your returns.

KatyeH

veloris

Will I also have to supply the License Code?

CassLO

Yes you will have to supply the License Code.

Please see the below for additional information:

You’ll only need to enter it and validate the first time you install on a computer. You can, however, install the software on up to five of your computers using the same license code. If you need more, you’ll need to purchase another TurboTax license.

Activating TurboTax CD/Download software