Here are the requirements to be able to pay with your federal refund. Note that you will have to be getting a refund, rather than owing taxes, in order to use TurboTax Refund Processing Service.Requirements
- You'll need to e-file your federal return; it's not available if you paper-file the federal.
- The Refund Processing Service option only appears if you have a federal tax refund, and you can only deduct your fees from your federal (not state) refund.
- You'll need to direct-deposit your refund into a single account, and the name on the bank account needs to match the name on the tax return.
- Refund Processing Service can only be used once to pay your fees.
- Fees (if any) are charged once, when the IRS processes your return. If your return is rejected, you might have to enter your bank account info again, but we won't charge you a second time.
For more info, see this article: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900596-what-is-refund-processing-service
Still have questions?Make a post