gemaslak

I was supposed to get a $30 discount for completing my taxes by 2/28. It showed on check-out, but the final invoice was $30 more. What happened?

gemaslak

Has anyone else had this issue?

I am speaking to a customer service rep and it sounds like they were not aware of this promotion, and then said b/c i could not file electronically the offer was not valid. 

First, you pay before you file so it does not make sense that they would wait to see how you file.

Second the promo e-mail (pasted below) say you have to file before midnight on the 28th. It does not say how.

turbotax pomo.jpg

It says UP TO30.  The early prices were already discounted.  It means prices would go up on March 1.  

gemaslak

Thanks for the reply. I agree the e-mail can be read that way. The curious thing is I checked today and the prices did not go up from what I paid. I wish I had taken a screenshot of the check-out where it showed the $30 being deducted. 

Again, thanks for the reply.