saheath1

I was sent a verification code via email. Correct email was used. I've tried several times but error message says code expired or is incorrect?

Trying to finish up filing taxes electronically. I was sent a verification code via email (which is correct), but it is NOT WORKING. What now?
adrianenriquez

Hello @saheath1!

It sounds like you are having some trouble with receiving your filing verification code from TubroTax.

If you did not receive your code here is a few things to check:

1. Check the email address on the Next, let's verify your email screen.
  2. If your email is right, check your spam or junk folders. in case the email accidentally got sorted incorrectly by your email provider.
  3. If your email isn’t there, there may be a delay with your email provider. Contact them to find out what to do to remove the delay.

Also, I recommend reviewing the resource we have on this subject:

What if I'm having trouble wtih my filing verification code? 

Hope that helps!

Adrian E

2RedandBlue

I've tried to receive my code several times but nothing happens at all, says expired

@2RedandBlue Yu have to keep your TurboTax tax tab open and use another tab for your email.  If you only use one tab, the verification code expires when you close that tab.  Keep two "windows" open so you can get to the code and enter it.

Then you are using an old code ... if you are asking for a new code over and over then all the old codes are no longer any good.   You must wait until you get the new code ... don't be impatient as it sometimes takes a few minutes ... you may need to refresh your email several times until it comes in ... also check your spam folders.

An alternative is to get a code texted to your phone instead. 

Make sure to leave the window open that asks you for the code. If you close this window and go back after you receive the code, the code will no longer be valid. If you need your browser to get your e-mail, open a new separate window, don't close. Also, make sure you are using the most recent code and not using a prior one. Every time that you ask for a code it cancels out all the previous ones that were sent and only takes the most recent. Please wait a few minutes after each code request to receive your email. It is not generated instantly. 

You can also request your code via text message. To receive your codes through text please complete the following: 

1.  Sign into your account
  2. Select My Account
  3. Select Account Settings
  4. Select the blue Security tab on the left
  5. Select Two Step Verification
  6. Select Turn On
  7. Enter your Phone Number and Password
  8.  Sign out of TurboTax, close your browser and sign back in. You should receive a verification code shortly after signing back into your account. 

If you are still unable to get the code to work through text, choose I forgot my user ID or password and then choose I don't know my email address or user ID. You’ll be asked to provide some information about yourself, and then you’ll be asked a few questions verify your identity. If that method fails, you’ll get a phone number to contact customer support.