Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I want to talk to an agent

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Phone support is not provided for the free version of TurboTax.

If you are using a paid version or need product support, use the link below.

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Phone support is not provided for the free version of TurboTax.

If you are using a paid version or need product support, use the link below.

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

I went to e-file my taxes and they wanted me to pay after I had bought my Turbo tax

Johntmoller
Returning Member

I need to pay the $20 for TURBOTAX STATE ELECTRONIC FILING and. Need you to send me a CALIFORNIA Confirmation number

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@Johntmoller 

An agent can assist you with this. This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent.

Contact an agent

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm trying to sign my text so it can be file but I can't cause the code they support to send to me didn't come through to my email [email address removed] 

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

@ladyboow1 I think you might need to attempt logging out, clear cache and cookies, log back in and try to finish the filing again.  Sometimes these codes get hung-up or expire and need to be reset.  That may be what happened here.

senorjuan11
Returning Member

I want to amend my 2020 income tax.

PattiF
Expert Alumni

The best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person to get the help you need is to select the version you are using below.

We're open daily from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM PT.

To get help, select your product below.

TurboTax Online

TurboTax mobile app

TurboTax CD/Download software

frog82

Why has my 2nd stimulus check or 3rd check not arrived yet? 

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

@frog82 You would have to call the IRS at 1-800-919-9835 to determine what the problem is with your stimulus payment. TurboTax cannot help you with this for security reasons.

23starshine
Returning Member

I bought turbo tax and Office Depot. Started entering basic information but have a question on the EITC. I am a foster parent of a 9 yr. old. She has been with us since November 2020. Her mother has collected all this money this year because she was able to claim her in 2020. I know we are able to claim her for 2021 but my question is: Under credits it asks for our 2019 income. Just wanted to make sure i am entering things correct. We didn't have her 2019 but do we still enter our 2019 income Thanks

Yes ... the look back for the 2020 and 2021 returns  BOTH use the 2019 amount even if you did not have the child back then ... a weird wrinkle in the tax law.  

Why am I charged 117 when it's supposed to be free.

@dollimama1111 We cannot see what version you ended up in.   Did you try to "start for free" and end up in a paid version?   Only the most simple returns can be prepared using the Free Edition.

Thanks to the new tax laws that began for 2018 returns, there are no more simple Form 1040EZ or 1040A's.  Everything goes on a Form 1040 that has three extra "schedules" with it, and if you need any of those schedules, you are not able to use the Free Edition.  Using the standard deduction instead of itemizing does NOT mean you will not need any of those schedules.https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4511011-what-happened-to-the-1040a-and-1040ez   If you started in the Free Edition and entered any data that required any of those three schedules, you have to upgrade to a paid version.   The Free Edition cannot be used for self-employment income, investment income, rental income or a student loan interest deduction, ir unemployment.

You can clear it and wait a couple weeks for the IRS Free File site if you want to.

CLEAR AND START OVER

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2586254-how-do-i-clear-and-start-over

https://apps.irs.gov/app/freeFile/

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies