Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I want to know in my 1040 form where is the amount that the IRS has to reimburse me

What page is the refund form 1040?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I want to know in my 1040 form where is the amount that the IRS has to reimburse me

Any federal tax refund will be on the 2019 Form 1040 Line 20

What tax year are you asking about?  If you mean your 2019 return, look on line 20 -- or 21a-- for your refund amount.  That is the amount to enter when you use the IRS Where's My Refund site.

Once your federal return has been accepted by the IRS, only the IRS has any control. TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS.  Your ONLY source of information regarding your refund is the IRS.

To track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

The refund amount is on the second page of Form 1040, near the bottom.

If you are asking about 2019, see the previous answers.

If you are asking about 2020, your refund is on line 35a. But you can't file your 2020 tax return until sometime in January.

Carl
Level 15

Understand that the IRS does not "reimburse" anything in the sense of the definition of "reimbursement". Assuming this is for a 2019 tax return, line 16 shows your tax liability. Line 19 shows your total tax payments. If line 19 is greater than 16 that means you paid more than required.  The difference is refunded to you and is shown on line 21a.

If line 16 is greater than line 19 that means you did not pay the full amount required and the difference is what you owe the IRS. That amount is shown on line 23.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies