Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I've used TurboTax Desktop On Windows for over 10 years, but never again.

I have a subscription to download TurboTax every year, this year (TY2021) I got an email saying it was ready but when I went to download it said nothing found.  I entered the activation key that was in the email and it said Mac only.  I've never used a Mac, so I had to pay another $50 to get a Windows desktop download.  That was just the beginning.

This year's software is full of bugs.  I had to wrestle with it for hours to get the right amounts in the right boxes, and was never able to find how to enter Schedule 1 - 8(j) Stock Options (for an NQSO exercise differential not otherwise reported), so I ended up having to report it in 8(z). I tried override in 8(j), which let me enter the amount but it wouldn't totalize it.

Very frustrating. I'd rather do it pen and paper than use TurboTax again.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Me, too.

I paid nearly what a CPA would cost, and got nearly nothing.  I will have to do my state self-employed taxes on paper due to a software issue, and nobody cares or responds.

@ just1break wrote:

Me, too.

I paid nearly what a CPA would cost, and got nearly nothing.  I will have to do my state self-employed taxes on paper due to a software issue, and nobody cares or responds.

This is mainly a user community forum--not a direct route to TurboTax Support.   The folks at TurboTax that need to know about your frustrating experience do not tend to read the user forum.

Please review the info I just now left on your original thread to see if it's helpful.  It tells you how to contact someone at Intuit Corporate.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/discussion/re-locked-out-of-state-return-and-will-be-f...

I've been using Turbotax, either desktop or online, for the last 20 years and I, too, will look elsewhere next year. Over and over it asks me questions which do not fit the situation and there is no way to add needed info. Like for exclusion of state interest on savings bonds, the only choices for reasons are contribution to a qualified tuition program (ie, 529) or a Coverdell account.  Um, what about directly paying tuition to your child's college?  And there's a bug where it asks for the name and address of the institution (even though college tuition wasn't an choice) and then on the review, tells you to remove all that info.  Then on review again, it makes you re-add it, ad nauseum.  Finally removed and stopped reviewing after searching the help.

Another issue - it never asked me about HSA contributions outside of my employer (and my brokerage only just now sent me the form with the total, in late May!) so I missed out on deducting that and now have to file an amended return.

salomonR
Returning Member

For me too.  Never again will I use Turbo Tax.  I have used it for years without a hitch.  This year I filed in 

February, both State and Federal returns.  Both came back as Filed Successfully, but the I went to print them the Federal return voucher stated "Do Not File awaiting documents".  After several calls with an average wait time of one hour I was always told "Just wait". Well here it is the end of June and I still get the same message.  I did do my Federal Return the old-fashioned way and submitted it on time.  And try to get an Intuit human on the phone... impossible.

My way of dealing with this?  Never again Turbotax, after 15 years its time to move on.  Quicken...  after 25+ years I am gone. 

Suggestion: Hire 2-3 humans to answer the phone.

Have a nice day!

@salomonR 

To get copies of your 2021 tax return without any Watermarks or Do Not File, use this procedure - 

To access your current year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2021 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

Lou Rose

Interesting.

I have an email saying Turbo Tax for 2022 (MAC) s ready for
download but when I opened the link the only download is for 2021.

And no human is available to help.  Intolerable.

Effin intolerable.

@Lou Rose wrote:

Interesting.

I have an email saying Turbo Tax for 2022 (MAC) s ready for
download but when I opened the link the only download is for 2021.

And no human is available to help.  Intolerable.

Effin intolerable.

Sign onto your download account - https://shopping.turbotax.intuit.com/unified/downloads?route=myaccounts&cgcview=downloads

Is the 2022 download listed?

If not, contact TurboTax support for assistance.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for contacting support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies