turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received email from TT for 20% discount and asks me to just click on the link to add the discount but I don't see any discounts applied

I received multiple emails from TT for 20% discount which tell me to just click on the link to add the discount but I don't see any discounts applied when I go to the final checkout page. 

The email clearly says applicable to "Premier" and filed before April 18 deadline which is what I'm trying to do. How to get this discount? There's no discount code in the email.

And yes, it's legit email from Turbotax.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

I received email from TT for 20% discount and asks me to just click on the link to add the discount but I don't see any discounts applied

It worked after I tried clicking on various different links in the multiple emails, one of them finally worked and showed the discount. But strange that not all links work as it says...
So members beware, don't assume you are getting the 20% discount unless you actually see it on the final pricing page.

Lucky you! When I saw no mention of the 20% discount after I responded to that email, I presumed that it would be entered at the very last minute when I paid for my product. No such luck! So I was charged full price. Now I'm in touch with Customer Service, but they say they can't do anything. This isn't fair!

I'm having the same issue. TurboTax keeps sending me emails for 20% off but discount it never gets applied at checkout. Haven't figured out a solution yet. Why doesn't TT have a chat feature? Looks like I might have to call. :(  ugggh

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

For further assistance, please contact support. 
This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent
Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time daily.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
cblecha

The same thing happened to me. I spent over an hour on chat trying to get it resolved and they wouldn’t help. Paid $209 instead of the advertised $168. Will be changing companies next year. 

csbolder

Intuit just sucks...

klouer1

I am in the same boat! No discount! I tried every single link! And there is no customer service to get a hold of someone! 

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same! The app would say discount applied, but nothing showed at checkout. My opinion of TT has been souring the past few years, and the fact that are not doing anything to resolve the issue does not help their case. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies