Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mychief55
Returning Member

I purchase turbotax at costco how can download my turbotax

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

23 Replies

Did you buy the CD in the store or buy the download online?  Did you buy the Desktop program?  Now they also are selling another Live version but that is only for the Online web versions that you don't install.

I don't shop Costco but the information we were given at the start of the season is that Costco is selling two products side by side.

Turbotax Desktop (Deluxe, Premier or Home & Business).  This is to install on your own computer.  The box does not have a CD, but it has a code and instructions to download the installer from Turbotax.

Turbotax Live.  This is the online version only, including live assistance from a CPA via video chat.  The box contains a code you will provide at checkout to show you already paid.

If this is true and if you bought Live Online when you meant to buy desktop, you probably need to return or exchange it at Costco.  Like I said, I don't shop there so I can't verify it, but when I read about it, it sounded like a recipe for disaster and confusion. 

I bought the CD at Costco in the store.  Well I didn't but my husband got it.  There were also boxes for the Online LIVE version.  There might have been boxes for just the download Desktop program too.  Not sure.

I helped my friend buy from Costco Online.  Online doesn't sell the CD.  Just the download Desktop, so you have to select Windows or Mac download.  And they sell the new LIVE online version.  So you have to be careful and watch what you buy online.

So I have experience installing both from the Costco CD to my Windows and buying and installing the Mac Download Desktop program from Costco Online.

How can I download my turbo tax that I bought it in costco

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@Pandines0206

What version is the software you purchased at Costco?  Please provide those details here and we will be able to assist further.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
D MS

The version I purchased from Costco, from their website, is "E-Delivery" Home and Business 2021, Item #1605018.  How do I download it.  I can't seem to find the email I thought I received, with the code, just after purchasing 12/31/2021.

Hmmm, you probably need the email.   Maybe you can find it in you Costco account or call them to get the email resent.

I helped my friend buy the Mac program download from Costco online.  It went very well. You first get a confirmation email that says…..

"You will receive the redemption code, normally within the hour, via e-mail. To ensure delivery of your redemption code emails to you inbox, please add CostcoEDelivery@esd.synnex.com to your Email Address book or Safe list."

The 2nd email with the activation key came in 20 minutes. Make sure to write down or print out the 16 digit Key on the email. It is right above the Download Link. Then click on "Click Here" in the email to download the program and follow the install instructions.

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

For more information on how to obtain your license code to download your software, please visit the Help Article below.

I can't find my license code

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
CaptainAl22
Returning Member

I purchased turbotax at costco but never received a download.  No one at Costco is able to help me?

@CaptainAl22 

Did you buy a CD ?    If so the option to download the program is outlined in the instructions on the packaging.

CaptainAl22
Returning Member

I paid for:

TurboTax Deluxe 2022 Federal E-File + State Download, for PC/Mac, Includes $10 Credit In-Product*

Item # ‌2022102‌

I never received  an email with the download.  Customer service said they cannot help me.

My order number is [removed], order placed 12-5-22.

Any help is appreciated

CaptainAl22
Returning Member

No CD. I bought: 

TurboTax Deluxe 2022 Federal E-File + State Download, for PC/Mac, Includes $10 Credit In-Product*

Item # ‌2022102‌

Never received a email for downloading.

Customer service said they cannot help me.  Who at Costco can help me.

Sorry ... but you must contact CostCo for this situation since you bought the download from them ... only they can help you.   Maybe you need to log into your online account with them and make sure they have your correct email address ... maybe check your reciept ... maybe check your spam folder.

Call Costco.

For 2020 I helped my friend buy the Mac program download from Costco online.  It went very well. You first get a confirmation email that says…..

"You will receive the redemption code, normally within the hour, via e-mail. To ensure delivery of your redemption code emails to you inbox, please add CostcoEDelivery@esd.synnex.com to your Email Address book or Safe list."

The 2nd email with the activation key came in 20 minutes. Make sure to write down or print out the 16 digit Key on the email. It is right above the Download Link. Then click on "Click Here" in the email to download the program and follow the install instructions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies