Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I own MLPs and live in NC. Turbotax is asking me for information from a D-403 NC K-1 Partners share of NC Income, Adjustments, and credits.

I purchased a couple of MLPs, and I think I think I am good on the federal reporting.

When I go to my state return, I get a screen asking me for information from a North Carolina D-403 K-1.  I went to the MLP tax packet support, and I did not see anything beyond a K-1 and a K-3.  I have two MLPs.  One is UNG, the other is ET, and as far as I know it does no business in NC.   These are stocks that are publicly traded.  

I do see some information on ET that it has a very small amount of income in NC ($1). 

Where do I find the information at the state level?

Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I own MLPs and live in NC. Turbotax is asking me for information from a D-403 NC K-1 Partners share of NC Income, Adjustments, and credits.

@poncho_mike wrote:

If required, you should have received an NC K-1.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

@poncho_mike wrote:

If required, you should have received an NC K-1.

@tagteam,

My federal return shows no errors, but when I go to my state return, Turbotax tells me that it needs additional data for the MLPs I own.  This is the screen I get.   When I went to download my tax package, there is no specific NC K-1.  I think this question assumes the partnership does business in NC, which in this case it doesn't.   So what do I do here to get past this screen?  Enter $0 in all of the fields?

NC_question.png

@poncho_mike 

I think you might have to contact Support for further information.

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

I think the NC K-1 for ET isn't available for download until after summer which is way past the deadline of filing for tax returns, a CPA told me that I can either file extension to wait for the NC K-1 to become available or file the state tax return first with nothing in the NC K-1 blank and then amend it when the NC K-1 is available.  I am in the same boat with you that I have ET, the NC K-1 for tax year 2021 is now available online for download but it is not available for tax year 2022 yet.  I am also surprised that all ET payment in 2021 were all Return of Capital so very minimum impact on the federal tax but almost 90% of it is being counted as income for tax purpose in NC.  You should look at the NC K-1 again on the ET tax support site and amend your NC return for 2021 if you have not entered any data for NC.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies