poncho_mike

I own MLPs and live in NC. Turbotax is asking me for information from a D-403 NC K-1 Partners share of NC Income, Adjustments, and credits.

I purchased a couple of MLPs, and I think I think I am good on the federal reporting.

When I go to my state return, I get a screen asking me for information from a North Carolina D-403 K-1.  I went to the MLP tax packet support, and I did not see anything beyond a K-1 and a K-3.  I have two MLPs.  One is UNG, the other is ET, and as far as I know it does no business in NC.   These are stocks that are publicly traded.  

I do see some information on ET that it has a very small amount of income in NC ($1). 

Where do I find the information at the state level?

Thanks.

tagteam

@poncho_mike wrote:

If required, you should have received an NC K-1.

tagteam

@poncho_mike wrote:

poncho_mike

@tagteam,

My federal return shows no errors, but when I go to my state return, Turbotax tells me that it needs additional data for the MLPs I own.  This is the screen I get.   When I went to download my tax package, there is no specific NC K-1.  I think this question assumes the partnership does business in NC, which in this case it doesn't.   So what do I do here to get past this screen?  Enter $0 in all of the fields?

NC_question.png

tagteam

@poncho_mike 

I think you might have to contact Support for further information.

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)