turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

farm2

I need to complete a 1099 misc form for contract work I had done on my business

I need a blank 1988 miscto complete for work done

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JulieCo

I need to complete a 1099 misc form for contract work I had done on my business

To create 1099 MISC forms from TurboTax Business for a contractor who did work for you during 2017, take the following steps:

1. You will need to go to the opening screen in TurboTax Business by selecting File at the top of the screen and then select "Open tax return."
  2. Then scroll down to Prepare Employee & Contractor Paperwork.  Select  Prepare W-2/1099
  3. This will bring you to a screen where you can select the option to create the 1099 forms online (where you can also e-file the government copy as well as print copies for the recipient and yourself as payer)  OR to create the 1099 forms on your computer (no e-file government copy, but can print copies for recipient and yourself as payer.)
  4. If you select to create the forms online, you will be brought to a separate program (Quick Employer Forms) where you can create 1099 MISC forms to print and mail to recipients as well as to e-file them to the Federal Government.  You can use your same TurboTax ID and password to access Quick Employer Forms.  Follow the instructions on screens.
  5. If you select to create the forms on your computer, follow the screens for instruction. 
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies