If you have not submitted (e-filed) your return yet, you can add another W-2 by following the steps below:
- Log into TurboTax and click on any topic to continue
- Click on Federal from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen
- Click on Wages & Income at the top of the screen
- Click Edit/Add to the right of the W-2 you already entered
- Click on the "Add a W-2" under the W-2 you already entered
If you already filed your tax return:
- and your return is accepted, you will need to prepare an amended return
- and your return is rejected, you can add your W-2 as stated above
Please click on this TurboTax article for instructions on how to amend your return.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
How can I do that add another w2 after my first was accepted
If the tax return is accepted then you will have to amend the tax return to make your changes. An amended tax return, Form 1040X, can only be printed, signed, dated and mailed by you to the IRS, it cannot be e-filed. The IRS will take up to 4 months to process the amended tax return. Wait until you have received the tax refund or the taxes owed have been paid and processed by the IRS before amending the tax return.
On the Tax Home web page when the the Form 1040X for amending a 2019 tax return becomes available there will be a link - Amend (change) return