coriwronko

I'm just recently employed after being a stay at home mom. What should I claim on my paycheck to ensure we still get a large tax return in March? Last year we hit 25%

I was always single 0 for the largest return but last year our return was 1/2 and I'm assuming because of my S0 status?

Go to this IRS website for calculating your withholding for the W-4 - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/tax-withholding-estimator

fanfare

married persons who want a big refund  mark filing status Single on their W-4.

sounds like you already knew that.

IRS revised the W-4 formulas and that's probably why you are noticing a difference.

@coriwronko