turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm helping my son finish his super easy taxes. His Kansas return keeps coming back as rejected because of form KS 40SVR which doesn't apply to him at all he's 20.

How do I delete it.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

77 Replies
PattiF
Expert Alumni

I'm helping my son finish his super easy taxes. His Kansas return keeps coming back as rejected because of form KS 40SVR which doesn't apply to him at all he's 20.

There’s currently an issue where TurboTax is showing an error related to Form K-40SVR (Appraised Property Value). TurboTax is requiring unqualified taxpayers to complete the K-40SVR. 

Our team is working on a fix. As a workaround, your son should enter a zero for the appraised value when he sees the error. 

This will not impact the accuracy of the customer's return. No credit is being calculated and the form is not part of the return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hello, I am having the same issue, when I try to edit my KS return, and in Other Situations > Other Forms > Property Tax Relief Claim for Seniors and Disabled Veterans (K-40SVR), I click Revisit and it tells me that I do not qualify because our household income is too high. I do not see anywhere to input zero, I click continue and it takes me back to Other Situations, and we get stuck in a loop.

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

Try deleting Form K-40SVR

1. Tap Tax Tools in the left column
  2. Tap Tools
  3. Select Delete a Form in the  Tools Center
  4. Scroll down to K-40SVR.
  5. Click Continue With My Return in the lower right when you are finished

@myownalias

There is no K-40SVR, so I tried deleting K-40, and I continued with the return, and it has the same issue as before. I checked back under Tax Tools > Tools > Delete a Form and K-40 is back.

A little more info, I have already E-filed, federal was accepted and state (KS) was rejected, I googled the reason, Reject Code KS_40SVR and it brought me to the TurboTax community.

Do I just need to wait for a fix as it's a bug in Turbo Tax, and simply refile after the fix is in place?

PattiF
Expert Alumni

Please see this TurboTax Help article that has a link to Sign up for resolution notifications and updates

@myownalias 

@austinebaben123 

Ericred99

I have the same issue paid 80 dollars to be able to file taxes, I should be refunded because the product I purchased won’t be updated tin 02/09/2023. You shouldn’t charge for a service that doesn’t even work. Especially when the whole business model is based around filing and distributing tax returns. 1/10 will not use turbo tax in future

I'm having the same issue. I'm only in my 30s and shouldn't qualify for this. Already filed my Federal Return but can't proceed with my State Return. Cause of Reject Code SK_40SVR. I've tried deleting the Form KS40SVR and also putting 0 in the Appraisal amount field. None of these are fixing the issue. And I'd rather not have to file my state my mail. When is there going to be a fix for this?

I am also having the same issue! I have been on the phone with an awesome representative and she cannot figure it out either. Hoping we can get some answers!

Please see this TurboTax Help article that has a link to Sign up for resolution notifications and updates

There is nowhere to "enter a 0"  That form does not exist in my taxes yet I continue to get rejected

Does not exist so cant delete what is not there

This is a known issue ... just wait for the fix ...  Please see this TurboTax Help article that has a link to Sign up for resolution notifications and updates

If its a known issue, instead of an automatic email/text saying click here and we will help you fix the issue to re-submit, it should say this is a known issue, we will let you know when you can re-submit your state taxes.

This is also happening to me and is messing up my MO taxes as I am a MO resident and work in KS. 

Manage cookies