I'm currently filling out the turbo tax online for...

I'm currently filling out the turbo tax online for my 2019 taxes but it reads 2020 taxes. I'm I doing it right?

NO.  You are messing up big time.  You cannot use the online program for a( EDIT )  ----2019   return.  STOP.  The online program is only for a 2020 return.  No other year.  Wait and use the account for your 2020 return when you have the information to enter for 2020.

Online preparation and e-filing for 2017, 2018 and 2019 is permanently closed.

To file a return for a prior tax year

If you need to prepare a return for 2017, 2018, or 2019 you can purchase and download desktop software to do it, then print, sign,  and mail the return(s)

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

You may also want to explore purchasing the software from various retailers such as Amazon, Costco, Best Buy, Walmart, Sam’s, etc.

Remember to prepare your state return as well—if you live in a state that has a state income tax.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

Federal and state returns must be in separate envelopes and they are mailed to different addresses.  Read the mailing instructions that print with your tax return carefully so you mail them to the right addresses.

Note:  The desktop software you need to prepare the prior year return must be installed/downloaded to a full PC or Mac.  It cannot be used on a mobile device.

If you are getting a refund, there is not a penalty for filing past the deadline.  If you owe taxes, the interest/penalties will be calculated by the IRS based on how much you owe and when they receive your return and payment. The IRS will bill you for this; it will not be calculated by TurboTax.

Anonymous
Not applicable

2019 online prep and e-filing are closed. to prep a 2019 return you need to purchase the desktop software

the return must be mailed in so use a method where you get proof of delivery. 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products

os requirements for 2019 

mac high sierra 10.13 or later

windows  10,8.1,8.0. 7 service pack 1 or later

@xmasbaby0 

You have a typo on the tax year line 2. 

@Critter-3 I am confused--what typo---the user is trying to use 2020 online for a 2019 return.

You cannot use the online program for a 2020 2019 return. 

@Critter-3 good grief---thank you.....