Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

I live in NY and am filing Schedule H. Line 20 should be capped at $7,000, but Turbo Tax software is entering a much larger value ($12,000). How do I fix this glitch?

Thank you for being willing, but unfortunately, calling to get the token number is not possible for those of us working in this forum.  

Just to clarify for you, a token number is simply a 7-digit number that we can use to access the sanitized version of your tax return.  Only Intuit employees have access to this system, and the tax file that we can retrieve contains no personally identifiable information.  Everything personally significant has been changed to xxxx and only the numbers in the return remain so that we may try to trace any issues you are having.  

Having the sanitized tax file gives us a head-start to try to resolve the issue without having to re-create it from scratch and possibly missing something that you had entered for your return.

@ayhambahnassi 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I live in NY and am filing Schedule H. Line 20 should be capped at $7,000, but Turbo Tax software is entering a much larger value ($12,000). How do I fix this glitch?

Hi there - i am filing schedule H in CA (one the of the 4 states with a "credit reduction").  I do not have the issue you described as CA has the same UI Taxable Wage limit as the Fed ($7,000)... I believe my form is computing properly the tax including the additional "credit reduction" for CA.

nevertheless, just tried to file my taxes both the Fed and CA got rejected.  any update on this issue?   here is the message i got

FED - There is an issue related to Schedule H, Household Employee Taxes.  A Software update to resolve this problem is scheduled for release on April 7, 2023.  

CA - no message

No update on my end. I ended up filing my return with the error on the Schedule H, and it resulted in me overpaying in income taxes by about $20 or so. But my returns were accepted. It's annoying that turbo tax is now coming around and promising to do a software update to fix this issue (albeit not until April 7th). Why didn't they communicate this to me when I complained? Had I known, I would have held off filing my return until the software update went through. Not to mention, it was frustrating and a big waste of time trying to communicate this glitch to Turbo Tax. 

I think it would be helpful if TT can provide regular communication on this issue so we can plan accordingly I'm sure there's a lot of people in the same boat with the returns getting rejected now like what happened to me yesterday and it wasn't super easy to find these foreign posts if you don't know what you're searching for

looks like the fix is in.. going to try to e-file

rejected again!!!!!

BrittanyS
Expert Alumni

Can you clarify if you are receiving the same error message listed above, with an expected update by 4/7/2023, or did you receive a different message?

@earth777  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi Brittany,

first thank you for your quick response and yes I'm receiving the same message with the April 7 date so I'm assuming there's still some sort of a block that needs to be sorted out to allow us to file either at TurboTax or with IRS

George

Hello - any updates on the issue with the taxes still being rejected for Sch H?

can someone report if they were able to file their taxes with the new fix release on 4/6/23?

still getting a rejection email with the following

what happened:

FED_SchH_FUTA - There is an issue related to Schedule H, Household Employee Taxes

The issue with the incorrect FUTA max still persists on my tax return. I had to go into the manual form editing mode, go into Schedule H, and override the $12,000 on Line 20 and Field 3 under Line 23. After that, at least the federal return was accepted. Still waiting on whether NYS will accept it.

thanks.  when did you file?  mine rejected yest morning

About 30 minutes ago. The company that manages my nanny's taxes provided me a filled out Schedule H, so I matched it up with their numbers.

Mine finally went thru.   chapter closed.    

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies