turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I know the IRS phone number is 800-829-1040, but how to do you get someone to actually answer the line?

None of that works anymore, you simply get a recording that says they are unable to answer due to staff shortage and go to the irs website, which also is unable to function. This is disgraceful and most if the people left out w

used turbotax, need a class action lawsuit against Turbotax for their part this fiasco 

I know the IRS phone number is 800-829-1040, but how to do you get someone to actually answer the line?

Hi to whom it’s may concern I do apologize to writting this to you but I really need to spoke to one the representative for the status of my refund.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

TurboTax does not get any information about refund status. You must check the status yourself using the IRS refund tracking web site: https://www.irs.gov/refunds

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dada1974
Returning Member

I need to talk to someone about as to why my taxes get rejected 

Dada1974
Returning Member

My taxes keep been rejecting due to a pin

Well i can tell you that thanks to turbotax who some how gave the irs my banking numbers incorrectly causing me not to get my refund today like i was supposed to due to this error, i will now be waiting for a paper check weeks from now. Thanks turbotax!

The irs sent my economic payment to the wront account and i still havent got it in the mail

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It depends.

IRS operations are limited during the Covid-19 pandemic.  Attached is a link with more information as to what departments are available to contact at the moment.

IRS operations

Please see the following for facts related to the payments as processed by the IRS.  

FAQ for Economic payments

I didn’t get my Covid

19 paycheckcheck they sent it to the wrong account

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

If your direct deposit was sent to the wrong account, the deposit will be rejected.  The IRS will then issue a paper check and mail it to the address on the latest tax return.

Please see the following for facts related to the payments as processed by the IRS.  

FAQ for Economic payments

its bs I haven't get my stimless check yet and its bs but every one else got there **bleep** and rubbig it in my face.call me please 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

The IRS is not currently providing live customer service on the phone as their offices are closed.  The only way to check on your economic impact payment is through the IRS portal, here: IRS Get my Payment.

The IRS is still processing payments and expects the process to continue for a number of months, and there are many taxpayers whose payments are sill in progress.

If the site does not contain any information about your specific payment at this time, you can check back again the next day.  The system is updated nightly.  

@AMYMYERS1706

cwtx72
Returning Member

To bad we don't have away to contact the IRS, my refund was accepted 2/1/20 and I am still waiting on my refund, and it is just a 1040.  Its a let down when  you hear some people filed early March and have received there return.  Mine just keeps telling me "still being processed" Any ideals, Turbo just seems to have one answer, they tell me "you should have used H&R Block" 

What’s my refunds it 2 months now i didn’t get my refunds I send my tax on the end of February and the IRS received on March 5 so what is going on 

I file my taxes on February 29 I got rejected 2 time the I called the IRS and then said send my taxes documents the IRS received on 3/5/20 now I still waiting what happened for my refunds it 2 months already i never received my refunds.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies