guarddog1

I have unreported1099B large capital losses and some cash liquidation in brokerage account must I report using form 8949 & Sch. D?

Original cost $96,533 of IQDAX
New value after loss $29,725 which includes cash liquidation of $29,524

Only reported sales are entered on a tax return so if you did not sell or otherwise dispose of the stock you will have nothing to report on an income tax return.   All reported transactions will be on the 1099-B that the broker issues to you in February.

Bsch4477

You would enter the information on your 1099-B into the program and TurboTax will complete the required forms and calculations. 

fanfare

contact the company or your broker to find out if the company's action resulted in a taxable event.

@guarddog1