turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

guarddog1

I have unreported1099B large capital losses and some cash liquidation in brokerage account must I report using form 8949 & Sch. D?

Original cost $96,533 of IQDAX
New value after loss $29,725 which includes cash liquidation of $29,524
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I have unreported1099B large capital losses and some cash liquidation in brokerage account must I report using form 8949 & Sch. D?

Only reported sales are entered on a tax return so if you did not sell or otherwise dispose of the stock you will have nothing to report on an income tax return.   All reported transactions will be on the 1099-B that the broker issues to you in February.

You would enter the information on your 1099-B into the program and TurboTax will complete the required forms and calculations. 

contact the company or your broker to find out if the company's action resulted in a taxable event.

@guarddog1 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies