jessicamains-yah

I have sole custody of my cousin, he has been living with me the entire year, and I pay the living expenses but I am not getting any child credit?

He is under the age of 18, he is a citizen, I have put his s.s. # in, he does not work.

Go to this IRS website for information on who qualifies for the child tax credit - https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/individuals/child-tax-credit

• Be your son, daughter, stepchild, eligible foster child, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister, half-brother, half-sister, or a descendant of one of these (for example, a grandchild, niece or nephew)

A cousin is usually considered  ANOTHER PERSON which doesn't qualify for the CTC or EIC  UNLESS  they are your stepchild by marriage  or fosterchild (placed by the courts) or you legally adopt them.

1.jpg

jessicamains-yah

Thank you both. I read that its suppose to be certain family but I figured I was putting something in wrong. You would figure a child is a child and he's family.