Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

patrick2

I have a Single Member LLC with 1 employee. Payroll creates his W-2 & another for me. Do I include myself in Employee Wages? Do I enter my W-2 from my LLC under Personal?

Outside of my 9-5 job (with a W-2), I have a Single Member LLC with 1 employee.
Payroll creates his W-2 & another W-2  for me.

1) Do I include myself in Employee Wages?
2) Do I enter my W-2 from my LLC under Personal?
3) Where do I enter tax deposits previously paid from Form 941?

Many thanks!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

I have a Single Member LLC with 1 employee. Payroll creates his W-2 & another for me. Do I include myself in Employee Wages? Do I enter my W-2 from my LLC under Personal?

1) Yes, all wages paid by the LLC are reported on Schedule C as Employee Expenses, along with the employer portion of payroll taxes. Be sure you indicate during the business profile set-up that you have employees (you have two - yourself and one other).

2) Yes, enter the W-2 you received from the LLC under Wages & Income >> W-2.

3) Estimated Taxes you paid for the year are entered under Deductions & Credits >> Estimated Taxes >> Federal Estimated Taxes, by quarter.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

10 Replies
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

1) Yes, all wages paid by the LLC are reported on Schedule C as Employee Expenses, along with the employer portion of payroll taxes. Be sure you indicate during the business profile set-up that you have employees (you have two - yourself and one other).

2) Yes, enter the W-2 you received from the LLC under Wages & Income >> W-2.

3) Estimated Taxes you paid for the year are entered under Deductions & Credits >> Estimated Taxes >> Federal Estimated Taxes, by quarter.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Estimated Tax Payments (Line 65) for my Federal and State Tax Filings were Adjusted/Corrected, slashed from $3000 to $0.

I own a small consulting LLC for which I paid estimated taxes throughout 2015 as well as myself via a W2.

I asked this forum "Where do I enter tax deposits previously paid from Form 941?" to which I was guided: "Estimated Taxes you paid for the year are entered under Deductions & Credits >> Estimated Taxes >> Federal Estimated Taxes, by quarter."

1) I summed each quarter's Form 941 payment to Federal EFTPS, Is that the appropriate content for Estimated Taxes?

2) Should I appeal the IRS decision directly or is that something for a professional (CPA, Tax Lawyer, etc)?

Only estimated payments made on a 1040ES form go on line 65.  Your W2 payments go on Schedule C as a business expense.  If you report your LLC on schedule C in your personal tax return you DO NOT pay yourself or give yourself a W2!  The Net Profit or Loss is your personal income in the first place.

Thank you, VolvoGirl. I paid myself via W2 to ensure I was correctly calculating and paying estimated taxes. Should I continue to make estimated tax payments via payroll but not complete a W2 for myself at year end?
Have I double-taxed myself or would the estimated taxes paid via 941 only apply to the business?

You have a big problem.  See the answer rjs left you on your other question.

Thank you, VolvoGirl and RJS. It seems I misinterpreted how to distinguish myself from my LLC.
Yes, I am the only owner of the LLC. I have 1 additional employee.

I submit Form 941 for employee taxes withheld (myself and the employee). I had assumed these withheld taxes were for the year's tax total and the monthly 941 payments were estimated taxes for the year. Thus, I reported these estimates from 941 on my 1040 (as indicated by TurboTaxPatriciaV - see above).

If you still feel I was incorrect and need professional guidance, what type or credential should I seek in the "tax professional" (Enrolled Agent, CPA, CFA, JD)?
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

I would suggest an EA, or a CPA who specializes in income taxes. (Not all CPAs do.)

FYI, I may have previously signed in as @patrick.

Any additional thoughts from @TurboTaxPatriciaV ?

Oh, are you the same as the original poster?  We think her post missed part of your question and didn't fully address it.

Yes, I am the OP. It appears I have 2 log-ins.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies